I have spent my last 6 months in grad school at Cal, and not one day in those 6 months has been easy. I feel like I've been going hard 25 hours a day, and even though I've never been one to cry easily, I've had some dark moments where I felt like I just wanted to give up on being a student. There have been times when I felt like I let my students down because my brain was too busy processing all of the other aspects of my life. Between working, going to school at night and on weekends, and being mom to three....I don't know. I never realized a person could feel torn apart like that.
Has it been worth all the drama and the stress???
Yes.
Looking back now, when I still have papers to turn in, even though classes are technically over for the semester, I can still say (with confidence) that I am glad I went through it. The whole process taught me how tough I can be, how much I needed the challenge, and it definitely taught me a whole lot about leadership.
On the flipside, I figured out areas where there is so much room to grow. I was really intimidated by all of the learning theory my program was throwing at me. On top of that were all of the observations I had to do to understand multiple models of teaching. Have I lost you yet?
What I'm saying is, understanding all of those theories was really hard work, and I was scared of it, to the point where I kept telling myself that I would get it eventually or learn about it over one of the long weekends. Basically, I kept giving myself excuses for not buckling down and taking charge of my own learning. I had no self-discipline, and it ended up getting me into a whole lot of trouble. I procrastinated on papers until they piled up to the point of impossibility. Now, I've spent every day in the last 2 weeks just playing catch up and kicking myself because I am finally getting some understanding about learning theory and it wasn't so bad to get there.
My biggest Aha(!) moment came when I was in the car this morning and realized that I put my students through the same thing. I ask them to understand and apply their knowledge of LITERARY THEORY and then expect them to do deep analysis and seminaring about their analysis. I can see why it's so difficult, and it took me going through it myself to understand where my own students are.
That being said, I also feel fortunate because I realized that much of the work I was able to accomplish this semester was because I've had to look at the world through the critical lenses my own students are working on now. It took over 10 years of doing so to make my interactions with the world that much more meaningful.
I know my students will get there as well.
I also know that I am getting closer and closer to understanding what has been so new for me--learning theory and models of teaching using those theories. See, I can say that now without my fingers shaking when I type the words.
The lesson learned here.....don't be afraid to learn new things.
Student posting:
ReplyDeleteI have to say time passes by really quick, but the time is valuable. Every moment is intense, and just knowing that the tmoment is near brings stress. Growing up all my life in this country i have realized what it actually takes to succeed, that is why everyday i am determined to move on forward and bring my family with me. These past 3months being a senior, as a student, has made me realize that school is an obstacle that we have to overcome in order to succeed in life. Yes, it is stressful but everything will be worth it at the end, and i have people that love me who'm will be there for me in every step i take. As a writer, these past 3 months has made me stronger and has opened my mind up greatly. I can feel the difference when i think about something and i write it down, whether it's in a paper or typing, i am able to understand myself and what i'm really trying to say. Yes everything's is hard, but if one has the mentality to overcome that, there is no question that in life yuh will succeed, that is why i have to say i am proud to come across these obstacles in life. I can look back to middle school and i had problems writing, i didnt like it, i will always say to myself "What is the point in this?". Coming to my senior year, my toughts have changed by a whole lot. I find that writing is a gift, a gift in which you can always share, open and appreciate in life. I have found that writing can release stress and make you a more open minded person in many ways, that is why now, i have to say i love to write. As a person, it has made me more aware of critical situations in life, family and has made me a whole stronger. Growing up as a little kid, fun was all i can think off, now i have grown in to a young man, who my little brother looks up to and who'm my family respects and admires. The feeling is extraordinary, knowing i have the family support and inspirations is great, because although they dont really know what's like, they understand what i'm going through, that is why as a person i have grown to a young man who understands reality more.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteI FELL SOMETIMES TIRED, SICK AND CRAZY BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF RESPOSIBILITIES IN MY HOUSE AND CURRENTLY IN MY SENIOR YEAR. BUT I KNOW IS JUST A YEAR AND THE WEEKS OR MONTHS WILL PASS FASTER AND MANY RESPOBILITIES I HAVE IT WILL BE GONE WHEN I WILL GRADUATE. HOWEVER, SOMETIMES I FELL THAT I CAN NOT WAKE UP BECAUSE IT IS ANOTHER DAY AND I KNOW THAT I NEED TO FINISH ALL MY HOMEWORK AND NEED TO CLEAN AND COOK IN MY HOUSE........I KNOW IT IS STRESSFULL BUT THE LIFE IS DIFFICULT IF I DONt LIVE EVERY SINGLE MOMENT HAPPY ALL MY DAYS WILL BE DARK.....!!!!!!!!!!=)
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteI write the way I talk mostly and it just seems to flow out easily. I will admit that I don’t like school, what teenager does. But I will also admit that being a senior has been tough for me from transitioning of doing some of my work and to writing a research paper. This process is scary to me because I would normally not do all this work but when I look at how far I came on this project it puts butterflies in my stomach, happy and nervous ones. I still have my freshman ways that I need to get rid of. I’m always half certain of myself if I did a good job or if I’m doing my project right. I absolutely did not know how to research before I got to Ms..P class. The closest person to me would tell you that I’m lazy and will procrastinate to the last minute to do work. I don’t know how my sister did this and still kept herself okay, maybe its because she’s studious and I’m not. I’m nervous about the senior project, getting into college, and the unknown life I have to come. Its feels like time is running out on me and I’m still stuck in slow-mo. I mostly follow my emotions than my brain and that’s commonly lands me into a rut. Most of the day I have a snack held knot in my stomach after I leave Ms.P class. I honestly don’t want to do this project but I know I have to do it and it sucks. The seniors made it look so fun and easy last year and so did my sister and others. I guess will have to put my earphones on and deal with it.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteThe time had past fastly I have not get all mi quotes last year i thought it supost to be easy but it is not. I have learned how to be a real senior. I got a lot of problem with this senior project becuase it is not easy to do but if we do our best we can do what ever we want. I am a perso who doesnt know to writte and read in Eanglish and that why I got problems but now I am thankfull for everthing I know as far. while I am doing my senior preject I am learning a lot of things that i have not imagene them. this yaer is a hard year but at the same time it will be the best one.Also I am so proud of my self for everthing i I have done!!!!!! :) ;)
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteI learned as a student I have a serious issue with turning things in on time. Procrastination has always been a weakness for me but it comes from me as a person as my own personal rebellion to traditional school before anything else ideas. As a researcher, I learned even if it's a subject of my own interest I need to find a good environment to work optimumly regardless. I also learned that if it is something of my interest I do work with more passion and emphasis. As a writer I realized I am questioning my beliefs on the definitions of my basic writing components. For example, I know what an analysis looks like but when I write one is it really fulfilling the requirements? As a person I realize that I am using my topic to try to justify why I do what I do and how it is beneficial rather than a waste of time as i've been told for my entire life.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteThe way i feel about all this process journal and senior project and research is that i feel that I'm not really prepared on this i feel like i haven't really gone in depth about my topic to fully understand what ima try to show my judges, iv have had trouble figuring out what my thesis statement can be to have the best thesis so i can better my analysis. I have came to realize that me as a student when it come to something major in life i get really nervous and i start to freak out like right now i feel like i haven't really done a good job on my senior paper but i probably and doing a good job but i just don't fell it. I have also came to realize that as a writer i have improved and keep improving because i have tried on this senior paper and i know and i know everyone think is a hard thing to do, but I'm constantly trying to do my best to push up my skill to try and analyze good so my paper can come out stronger, because i feel that writing a senior paper is to help us right 10 paper like it in college, just like Ms.P did last week, if I'm stressing about one paper, imagine her with like 10 paper do in a week. I have also realized that procrastinating and leaving everything to the last minute is not a good thing to do because it just ends up messing you up and then you don't have strong homework or annotations, it takes time to learn and do something well. As a student and myself i feel like i have changed and grew stronger because before I used to be more quiet and less communicative, i used to not want to be around anyone and when it came to presenting in class i would just not do the work to not present in class because I was shy all the time, but know i feel more confident and more capable of doing it. From freshmen year to know i have changed and improved.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteProcess journal 5:
Since the begining of the semester, I've become more stressful then I've ever been, mostly because of the senior project. But since we've started I feel as if I can finally do this. I've become more serious, more mature, well at leastI feel I have. My writing has gotten better, my grades have improved, and my research becomes more thourouh. I remember when I was at a point that i wanted to give up, but never did because of my inspirations, like my brother and cousin. Because of them, I've wanted to stay in school and move foward, both giving me different reasons. I see everything around me in a different way, like if the world isn't so big anymore. i used to be too shy, and felt isolated from the world, but this work has made feel like i can do anything in the world, well almost anything thats possible. i used to think i wasnt going to make anything of myself, but feel enlightened somewhat because of the work i see im caple of. I feel i can do a lot more, but still have some childish habits. I will over come these over time, since i still have a lot of growing up to do. I am proud of myself to have made it this far, and am determined to finish what i started.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteIn these last 3 months I've come to understand that as a student, I am not the best or the worse but i am one that always tries my hardest to be, not always the best, but the kind of student that succeeds in the classroom. At times its easy and at other times its hard, real hard. But I don't have the same attitude that I did last year or the other years. Now I realize how important my education really is and I've doing a lot to fix my mistakes of past years. Now I think that gives me the right to call myself a great student, but i don't. I feel like I'm a good one with more to work on before I can be a great student.
Me as a researcher? Man, am I bad on that one. I've never really did research for anything. Not like this anyway. This is a lot of work. The scale of this work is huge, much larger than anything I've ever encountered. But as always I'm making improvements that'll make this researching process easier. And when this researching gets easier for me this project will be nothing.
I can say that as a writer I'm a decent one, again not the best. I make a number of mistakes in my writing, probably have a few in this thing. But we all make mistakes. I always try to improve in my writing,though, and I feel that I'm getting better.
Now as a person I can easily say that I am a great person. I am a friendly person and i make friends with everyone, well anyone that wants to be friends with me. But I consider myself as an intelligent young person, but that don't mean that i need more to learn. I am hopeful that I'm successful in the future.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteAs a Junior, senior year seemed like too much, like an impossible and never ending mountain to climb. as time passes by, things during senior year do seem to suck the life out of you but not to the extant that i had previously thought. Though the work is harder and the time to get it done has become a lot shorter, plus all the distractions about senior year like prom, cap and gown orders, senior field trip, college application etc. don't really help out the process. As a person I've grown to understand that stressful times call for calm measures because when someone is rushed or stress it is a lot harder for that person to get things done right. As a student I've learned that while teachers might seem annoying, at the end of the day it is in all benefit of you. As a researcher I've learned that even though a topic might seem popular and just full of resources, that is not always the case, researching is a lot harder than previously thought. When it comes to witting I've come to realize that my skills are not where they should be, or where they were for that matter. As students we don't realize how important school is, but what we don't realize either is that because we fail does not mean we are out for the count, we just have to try again.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteDuring the past three months, things have been really intense and the slacking student I have been throughout my whole high school years, I've learned that as much of a slacker I have been, the senior project has been one of the things I haven't completely fell behind. And if I have, it's not because of slacking. I noticed that the teachers and last year's seniors weren't exaggerating when they said this was going to be the toughest, but funnest year of our high school lives. As a researcher in the past, I had just gone to any website and trusted it, but now I know that not all the websites are worth trusting because some of the publishers might be bias and cannot be trusted to an extent. As a person, I feel that i have matured a lot, even though i do goof off, but matured in the aspect of learning my responsibilities and academically.
As a writer, I have improved tremendously because i have learned how to write structured and sentences that actually made sense. if you would compare my 10th grade essays to one from this year, I would sound like albert einstein because in 10th grade i just bsed the whole way.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteTryn to complete the senior project has been a little difficult because there's also been alot of homework giving in other class,but doing the senior project has been some what fun, because you research something you like and once you do that you always want to learn more about what your topic you choose. Me doing my senior project on Teenage Drug Abuse has totally grad im attention in me wanting to know more about the cause and effects drug abuse has on teens in America, this can be a reason to why our schools in America may not be ranked so high compare to schools across the world. me learning more about this topic will help me educate many adults and teens who may not know fact on drug abuse. so far its been a long ride to the top, but i plan on being there.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteI come to understand that being a student, researcher, writer, and employee is becoming harder for me to balance as the months pass by. During the past three months since I became a senior as become the thread to determining the future of my life. Since the senior project began my nightmare of not graduating is coming closer to reality in act that I struggled all my life on the components of being a great writer. So having to do the senior project as posed a war for me and a war I must come victorious or live for the rest of my life as failure which I can’t live on doing for long without breaking myself and to pick up the pieces will take too long to do. For me failure has never been an option having pressure from my family and the only one who stuck through high school and the possibly the first generation in my family to go on to college is so great that I feel of giving up on all of it and roll up into a ball and wake up and everything be a just a dream. Having the diploma and a degree handed into my hands has been a fantasy to my mind that seems to be walking away even further from hands as the time goes by and I’m not able to settle on anything that is going into my first draft and I feel I’m going to break down at any moment. Having to learn how to become an adult at a young age and working sweat to pay my bills and to be able to have financial support to keeping me feed and a roof over my head day to day until I graduate high school. I have cuts and bruises to show prove the hard work I have to release to make my money at work. I’m young I have the right to live and laugh but I’m not able due to the compromises I must complete. I have to suffer in order to deserve anything in life.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletewell. the months pasted by so fast and quick i feel now that i dont want to graduate i just want all my friends to atay 2gether. what i have come to understand about myself is that i tend to see and think of things in a different light. thanks to the lens they also helped me in thinkning of things more in a different light, as a student i learned that i tend to know when i have to cruch down and get to work. i have always know that i wait till the last minate or just forget about working on it. i have learned that im not alone when i feel lioke im goin to just break down and give up, all my friends are there for me and my teachers. i have found that wen i reseach i tend to just use wat ever comes first i dont really read and really look to see if it would be usefull i just grab and go, but now all it does is hurt me in the long run cause wen i have to anaylize it dnt make cents to wat my topic is really sopose to mean. i learned that the research process was not as hard as i thought it would be its just the thinking part that gets most of the students harm, i know i am not a really good writer but i still try my best. the whole process was really hard for me, the researching the things i wanted to know but not really founding it. the spicifations of senior paper is the most confussing to me, i feel as thought all the writing and the thinkning was over just as i thought i was done i need to put more heart and thought in to my paper to let all my readers know that the topic i chose was i guess you can say near and dear to my heart, i just feel that no one really took action to help the LGBT teenagers during high school. also that my senior year is the year to celibrate the passing in to adulthood but also the sad realization of leaving all i love and memorizes behind.
did i learn anything my senior year.?
yea i did, as this being my senior year and last year in high school i have come to the realization that being me and not caring wat others think of me is wat i was meant to find out my senior year, i found out that if pplz hate on you and think of you in a bad manner then they just wish they could be as strong at you. everyone is placed on this earth to to comfiterable wqith thenselvs and who that are, life is short so dont let other's thoughts and views stop you from being all you can be, also that my past no matter how dark or sad does not make your future and does not shape who you are and your petentional..
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletei have come to understand that all good work comes with effort and with effort you do better than just giving up. so far, i've been contemplating on giving up because we get wayyy too much work and teachers dont understand where we students are coming from. these past three months have been kind of hard but im not really trippin because i know the outcome of all this work will be ok. Everybody definitely has been stressing and people have their own drama but i made it this far, so why stop now.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletethe research process has been/is going o.k im struggleing and i bearly have enough info to wright about japans decreasing population. i dont exactly know the order of senior paper and how it is supposed be set up but im trying. i know i should be staying either in class at lunch or after school for extra help from ms.p. i have to admit that i choose to work on the senior search paper at the last minute, its my fault because i choose to be lazy and not work on it, i have no idea what i was thinking, i should have been responsible and took responsibility for my own actions, but ever since last week little by little iv been working hard and trying my best to finish this paper,........not quit ther yet but make way because here i come
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteit has been difficult sitting down and doing the work because my shoulders and my back hurt... also i was used to doing nothing all the previous years that when it was time to do real work i couldnt handle it... it has been hard trying to balance doing all the things i want to do and school work... i shouldnt have slacked off and i shouldnt have started off bad but now i want to do good and am working hard to turn in the draft that is due this thursday and well see what happens... and thanks to the graphic design teacher that gave me some good advice on life
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteThis process for me has been very difficult not only because is a lot of work but because of all the stress that I’m getting. I know that is been hard for you this semester because you are going to school. This is a very difficult time for me and I must say I regret joining an after school program some how because it kept me from doing what I was supposed to be doing and what was really important. This has not been the best school year for me based on my grades. I know I’m not the best student but I really do try hard. I’m probably like my parents say “not doing my best” and I know the reason why. This first draft is been really hard to do because I’m some what behind on work. I HATE this stress but the again this is what I get for not doing my work on time. Looking back at what I’ve achieved I think is nothing compared to what others have done.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteMe being a senior has been real I aint even gone bull stuff you yaaa dig having a lot of home work from Shuchester. Then on top of that having to do your work I see when you don’t pay attention in class you will be lost just like when having to read that book, im not gone lie to you I read some of it but not all like how we was suppose to. I feel real messed up cause Im really just slipin cause I should be doing all my home work and then be having problems at home really slow me down some times. But as I told you be for im bout to work hard for mine im just starting to do all your work that was suppose to been due I know that’s bad but some credit is always better than no credit .
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteThe writing process for the senior paper started off slow by breaking it down into process journals. As we kept going on the process, the work added up. As for me, I was slacking off and fell behind a lot. Now it's getting stressing especially because I don't have a lot of supporting evidence and it's the week of the deadline to turn in the rough draft.
Senioritus is kicking in and I’m falling behind in my classes because of the stress of the ten page senior paper. Knowing that I have seven pages done took a lot of stress off my head. It’s good to know that I’m more than half way done with my rough draft, but I recently found out that a lot of my findings do not connect much to my topic. Now I have to do about half of my paper over and it’s killing me. Having all of this work for the senior project plus the additional homework from other classes killed my mood. It’s not giving me anytime for my social life and sleep.
Looking at my grades now, I regret having too much of a social life and not doing enough school work. Knowing that my grades are just good enough to graduate, but not good enough to get into college is making me stress out more. It makes me want to drop out, but what’s the point of quitting if I made it this far? Now I have to step my game up and bring all of grades up in order to have a decent semester grade for colleges to look at.
The senior writing process is ruining my life, and I’m sure it’s ruining a lot of other peoples’ life.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteThe writing process for FGM was fun, tiring, and stressful all at the same time.
It was fun because I actually got to read researches about FMG. I was sad and angry about how females have to go through this horrible procedure just because of culture, and how females don’t have a say if they want to have this procedure in their body.
But I’m glad there are a lot of people that are trying to stop FGM. I’m also happy that I’m able to have a great topic to research on. If I haven’t picked up “Desert Flower” by Waris Dirie, I wouldn’t have the opportunity to research FGM. I’m glad to opportunity to search something that’s affecting females across the world.
It was tiring and stressful because I had a lot of college applications and other homework to do. I didn’t want to do the writing process at all because of the stress of my grades and applications that I have to do during my time. I don’t like being busy all the time and it irritates me that I can’t finish my work quickly as usual. But I determine to finish it. No matter how long and stressful the day was, I’ll finish it. Would it benefit me?
Yes because I’ll learn from my mistakes and get used to writing ten pages in college. It’ll also benefit me of finding good research next time I do a research paper.
I’m happy that Mrs. P was giving me an opportunity to prove on my research, writing, analysis, and citation skills. Even if this long and stressful work.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteDuring the process of working on my senior project I have learned many things. Doing research is not always easy and staying focused is even harder for me. Having friends to talk to is fun but we don’t get any work done in class making us to leave it at home which is not as fun when you could be doing other things instead, but I guess that’s our consequence for not doing our work in class. Coming up with a thesis was hard to come up with and I still need to work on it. Having done the research before knowing coming up with a thesis I would say was not such a good idea because I became lost and could have gone many different directions.
From this process I have came to know that doing work in class is much better than saving it for the end. The help you could get in class from teachers and peers you may not be able to get any where else.
As a writer trying to do my work I would say that procrastination is my weakness. From this I have learned not to leave things till the last night when the work is due. And coming up with alternative words is not always easy to come up with.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteDuring this whole process of researching a topic of my chose has been a challenge. Its not the fact that I don’t like the topic but the fact that I don’t have a solid question in which I have to answer and creating a question on my on has also been a challenge because I don’t know what I have to answer to because I have researched the topic and I know what it is about.
What I have gotten out of this whole process is not only the knowledge of a very extreme culture but have been able to develop a open minded mentality that not only sees things one way but looks into other peoples eyes to then make a conclusion of the whole picture seems to be.
As a writer I have learned to elaborate on a specific topic by questioning different parts of a topic. It takes a writer a lot of concentrartion skills to get the job done and to make sure everything makes sense and ties together in the end.
Yes! It is very stressing to finish everything on time because it takes a lot of concentration but it can be very easy if; one you understand what is the assignment; two you focus on what your doing and third; DO NOT PROCRASINATE!
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteAs a student, I realize that I am capable of multitasking between class assignments, but have to concentrate on completing them. I thought I wasn't capable of passing any classes at first because I felt overwhelmed with work. I thought it was too much. But looking at it now, I realize it it kind of worth it because the professors give way more in college. I actually did contemplate dropping out. Now I think I could actually do it.
I will usually start the assignment but stop if I get tired or bored of it. I do need to become a better researcher. I learned that I need to focus harder when it comes to researching because I can get distracted or frustrated pretty easily. If something is going on around me such as someone is talking around me, I become distracted. If I am having a hard time finding the information I need, I will give up and just quit. It is quite difficult to really find something to connect to my thesis but I will get there.
My writing skills are fair. I still need to learn to paraphrase more better. When I want to, I can write pretty well and provide whatever is needed. Even when writing something as simple as a paragraph, I can be lay and just not write the evidence. Free-writes are a different subject. They are worthless assignments to me so I put less effort towards it. Criticism helps me to understand how to write about a certain subject way more better than before.
I rather not answer about me as a person. That is kind of difficult to provide because it is silly. Let's just say, I am bright and capable of doing what I want, when I want. The other stuff you can figure out.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletewell senior years has been though year but i have been up to date on all my work and never went down. its been crazy with the senior project i thought that thing was going to be though but i took my time and worked on it good got help from all my teacher so i thank them a lot because with out them i would have not be where i am.
senior project has been though but i want to graduate and used my time wisely. i am so close and i am waitning for my csu to communicate back to me to know where i have been accepted and i whiosh i get to my goal and everyhting works out for me. i am so close i could just feel getting that dimploma and smiling my way of that stage with all my class of 2011. i have spent most of my time on the senior project and right now i am stress free and hope to have a fun chistmas and happy new year.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletewhat i have learned during this three months its that if i set my mind on something i can do it even if it means doing it at the last minute. i haved had a lot of distractions and i know its my fault but at the end i always try to wrap it up as best as i can. i have also learned that if i worked by my self i can get a lot more done.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletewell. the months pasted by so fast and quick i feel now that i dont want to graduate i just want all my friends to atay 2gether. what i have come to understand about myself is that i tend to see and think of things in a different light. thanks to the lens they also helped me in thinkning of things more in a different light, as a student i learned that i tend to know when i have to cruch down and get to work. i have always know that i wait till the last minate or just forget about working on it. i have learned that im not alone when i feel lioke im goin to just break down and give up, all my friends are there for me and my teachers. i have found that wen i reseach i tend to just use wat ever comes first i dont really read and really look to see if it would be usefull i just grab and go, but now all it does is hurt me in the long run cause wen i have to anaylize it dnt make cents to wat my topic is really sopose to mean. i learned that the research process was not as hard as i thought it would be its just the thinking part that gets most of the students harm, i know i am not a really good writer but i still try my best. the whole process was really hard for me, the researching the things i wanted to know but not really founding it. the spicifations of senior paper is the most confussing to me, i feel as thought all the writing and the thinkning was over just as i thought i was done i need to put more heart and thought in to my paper to let all my readers know that the topic i chose was i guess you can say near and dear to my heart, i just feel that no one really took action to help the LGBT teenagers during high school. also that my senior year is the year to celibrate the passing in to adulthood but also the sad realization of leaving all i love and memorizes behind.
did i learn anything my senior year.?
yea i did, as this being my senior year and last year in high school i have come to the realization that being me and not caring wat others think of me is wat i was meant to find out my senior year, i found out that if pplz hate on you and think of you in a bad manner then they just wish they could be as strong at you. everyone is placed on this earth to to comfiterable wqith thenselvs and who that are, life is short so dont let other's thoughts and views stop you from being all you can be, also that my past no matter how dark or sad does not make your future and does not shape who you are and your petentional..
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteBeing a senior is actually pretty exciting and stressful at the same time. It has been pretty emotional because you get excited about finally being in your last year of high school but then again there are requirements to get your diploma. Besides school, I have a busy life, and I have to say that having a schedule everyday and having upcoming dates in every month is kind of nerve wrecking because I am still a teenager. I feel like I’m a grown up already, and I haven’t even started the real life yet. It just makes me feel overwhelmed sometimes because life feels quite hard now, so I just imagine on how it would be when I have kids, have to play plenty of bills and on top of all of that making sure of getting my school work done. My research process, I have to say has been quite easy, even though I feel like I know my topic very well, coming up with a solution for my issue is kind of hard. Juggling my daily duties and dates is a struggle that maintains through out my life. Having no internet at home with a computer with a virus is extremely difficult and stressful because I never have time to stay after school or go to a library to work on my senior project.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteI HAVE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING IN THIS PAST THREE MONTHS... I DONT BELIEVE IN ANONYMITY, SOCIALISM,EQUALITY NOR DO I WORSHIP FALSE GODS.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteAs a student, researcher, and a person. I finally understood who I am a lot better. Throughout the entire time of researching, I have been sympathetic towards events that violate human rights. Human rights interest me and I support it to an extent where I am willing to research solutions to fix this issue. As a person, I am lazy. I tend to not do much of my work or handle my issues at home. I get easily distracted. As a student I understood who I am better. I tend to procrastinate a lot on my class work but I get the job done by the end of the day. I get along with everyone and can keep a conversation with many people. But when its a serious matter, I just turn my batteries on to do my work. I like to stay in a quiet area. I enjoy to do my work when I am listening to music. I dont like distractions around me when I do my work and when its serious work, I just have my headset on and ignore everything around me. Throughout this whole 2 months in school, I struggled doing many things as I played sports. The amount of time being spent practicing and little time to finish work really drained me. But after everything I am glad I went through this experience because now I feel much stronger and more capable of things being thrown at me.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeletehey Ms. P well to get started i didnt never had a role modal and my perant couldnt never help me my mom got deported and and my dad had a drinking problem that we always fought i am the oldest of my family my little brother and sister look up at me so i have to set the example been a senor is not hard but you cant slack off because is the last year so you wwant to pass and i am nervous about the senor project not abouty the presebtation that natural i got that in my vines i stop been scared but what nervous is the essay i try my hardest but idk if am doing it right i feel like i am but then at the end i dont want to be presure when they say i have to finish or redo my senor paper buty other then that this is is flying but am ready for what i got to do. what i have learn aboout my self is that some time i get mad because some people have the resorces to do thiubng but they skack of that why that not me i try to do everything i can and if i got problem i will work with them because that bot going to help me and like i read one time"no excuses to be suesccfull "thats going to be am going am going to make it and i will be somebody but something i realy want is to see my mom in the frist row when i walk the stage becauswe thank to her she has made me so strong she did put effoprt on me trying to help me alway been there i have been trought alot my granmother passed away am staying for chistmess because am that dedicated to get my senor project done the i want to get everything done at the frist time i know that going to be sad not spending the holidays with the family but am going to do this for them and me.
Student Posting:
ReplyDeleteI've become an overall more academic person as I went through the whole process of researching about a topic as vague as high school dropout rates among urban youth. I realized that the process taught me about how to be a bit more prioritized about my things that I had to do. As hard as reading through many sources was, it actually helped me become a better critical thinking. As a student, skills such as critical thinking will help me sort out future problems in my school career. The whole research process teaches you more about actually taking in the information and connecting to it as best you can and not just skim and actually benefit little from it. You think it won't be all worth it in the end but I think it is. Why? Well, it's just a time for you to learn about something that ISN'T Math or Science, but something that is actually relative to your own life. At least, a chance to learn about something you don't get to learn about in a usual school curriculum.
When I look at the whole 4-5 Process Journal phases, I realize how much I've actually grown. I've honestly become a much stronger student both mentally and physically. As you learn how to go through these processes, you kind of learn how to cope witht he stress and at the same time help others cope with their own. I actually came to see that stress tends to be a mere figment of the mind, to me that is, and that as long as you believe in what you do, the chance of success is much higher than you could ever expect.
On another note I have to say that this research process and everything really revolves a lot around supporting each other. Some seniors might say that they won't be able to finish it on time, but I encouraged them to do their best and finish their research and writing process. A lot of the time, I can't help but think that I really don't want anyone to fail, even if it means sacrificing a majority of my "Me-Time."
On the side of the fact that this whole research process determined whether I would graduate or not, it really taught me and motivated me to believe that failure is not an option. Both as a student and just a person overall, failure brings me no happiness and seeing failure around me just is not something I want to see. So, in the light of all that I see good, help others as you help yourself. I can't imagine what it would be like if I never got a chance to go through this whole research process. I just wouldn't be a better student and by better I mean being able to persevere through a difficult process as this, as well as future research processes in my college career. It's prepared me for college, but above all, it has prepared me for both various academic and personal obstacles in my future. As a student, I have become a student who can better persevere through my academic obstacles and challenges. As a researcher, I have become a researcher who can connect to what information I can find, no matter the size of connection. Overall, as a person, I have become someone, who still has much to learn about who I am and the true stress of the research process. There is much more to learn, and that will all come in the future as I begin to grow into a college freshman from a high school senior.